[ovs-dev] Guest on top of DPDK-OVN.

Leon Goldberg lgoldber at redhat.com
Sun Jun 17 12:16:12 UTC 2018

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out how to run a guest on top of DPDK-OVN. Typically,
when running guests on top of OVN, I would include the virtualport element.

Now, with DPDK, I am passing the location of the vhostuser (I am using QEMU
as server, OVS as client) to QEMU and adding a vhostuser port in OVS. The
seems to work; OVS connects to the QEMU socket and VM runs.

However, obviously, no patch devices are created. Using ovs-tcpdump I can
see the vhostuser socket works, but nothing beyond that. Maybe this is a
question for libvirt.

I couldn't find any relevant documentation. Any tips are greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Leon