[ovs-dev] Automated robotic reply. Re: [ovs-dev, v1] dpdk: Support both shared and per port mempools.

Ian Stokes ian.stokes at intel.com
Wed Jun 27 09:52:06 UTC 2018

On 6/25/2018 7:56 PM, 0-day Robot wrote:
> Bleep bloop.  Greetings Ian Stokes, I am a robot and I have tried out your patch.
> Thanks for your contribution.
>
> I encountered some error that I wasn't expecting.  See the details below.
>

> checkpatch:
> == Checking d0b5c881a538 ("dpdk: Support both shared and per port mempools.") ==
> WARNING: Comment with 'xxx' marker
> #506 FILE: lib/netdev-dpdk.c:591:
>           * XXX: this is a really rough method of provisioning memory.
>
> WARNING: Comment with 'xxx' marker
> #519 FILE: lib/netdev-dpdk.c:604:
>           * XXX: rough estimation of number of mbufs required for this port:
>
> Lines checked: 890, Warnings: 2, Errors: 0

Hi Aaron,

These warnings were flagged in an earlier review but I was going to
leave the markers as there are some new features being introduced in
DPDK that would allow us to add hugepage memory at runtime, we'll get
this functionality if/when we move to DPDK 18.11, I feel it would
warrant re-examining these values then as we may be able to request more
accurate memory requirements at that point.

Ian