[ovs-dev] command name of daemon process is null after recover from crash

Huanle Han hanxueluo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:14:29 UTC 2018

HI, all
   I find the comm name of daemon process is null after recover from
crash. For example,

1. `ps -ef |grep ovs-vswitchd` : get the ovs-vswitchd pid (not the monitor)
2. `cat /proc/$pid/comm` : see name "ovs-vswitchd"
3. `kill -11 $pid` : make process segfault and crash
4. `ps -ef |grep ovs-vswitchd` : get the new pid
5. `cat /proc/$newpid/comm` : see **nothing**
6. This also effects some tools, such as "top", "lsof"

I believe it's the 'set_subprogram_name("")' in moinitor_daemon()
leads to the problem. But I don't known how to get a correct name
before set.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks