[ovs-dev] Cannot open /dev/vfio/noiommu-0: Permission denied

Leon Goldberg lgoldber at redhat.com
Thu May 3 06:53:47 UTC 2018

Hi list,

I'm trying to integrate ovs-dpdk into oVirt. For testing purposes, I'm
writing a test that looks to run a VM on top of a dpdk port.

The testing environment consists of nested virtualization:

Physical machine -> Jenkins CI VM -> Target VM

The test merely looks to see that the various components are properly
configured for the real world. For that purpose, I'm using NOIOMMU mode of
VFIO.

The select virtio device fails to to be attached to dpdk, and I suspect it
is due to $subject.

Here are the CI logs[1]. I see some other red lights, but $subject seems
the brightest.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Leon

[1]
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-system-tests_standard-check-patch/642/artifact/exported-artifacts/check-patch.network_suite_master.el7.x86_64/tests.test_dpdk/lago-network-suite-master-host-0/_var_log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log