[ovs-dev] [RFC 0/3] ovn: Observe and check for effects of incremental processing

Jakub Sitnicki jkbs at redhat.com
Fri May 18 16:55:34 UTC 2018

(This patch set depends on the Incremental Processing patch set [1].)

At the moment, short of profiling the ovn-controller process, we lack means for
observing that incremental logical flow processing is working as expected.

This patch set aims to address this problem by simply adding a coverage counter
for the logical flow processing routine.

As one of the benefits of incremental processing is that packet-ins handling in
the ovn-controller no longer triggers logical flow processing, we can now check
for that in the tests.

If this way of verifying correctness of incremental processing gains acceptance,
it can be extended further to cover the rest of scenarios when incremental
processing prevents unneeded logical flow processing.

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=44369

Jakub Sitnicki (3):
  ovn-controller: Count calls to lflow_run()
  coverage: Add command for reading counter value
  tests: Check for logical flow processing when ACL reject rule is hit

 ovn/controller/lflow.c |  5 +++++
 tests/ovn.at           |  8 ++++++++
 3 files changed, 54 insertions(+)

--