[ovs-dev] Build failures with openvswitch-{2.9.1, 2.8.3} due to missing rte_mempool_ops_get_count DPDK symbol

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Wed May 23 09:08:26 UTC 2018

> On 05/23/2018 09:38 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:

> >> hi Markos, sorry for the trouble, I will send a fix this morning,
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Kevin.
> >>
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > No problem. Thank you for working on this. A backport will also be
> > needed for the following branches as well
> >
> > - branch-2.9
> > - branch-2.8
> > - branch-2.7
> > - branch-2.6
> >

> ACK

Thanks for reporting this Markos, it seems to be a gap in the validation testing we conduct. Are you building with DPDK as a shared lib in this case? I hadn't come across the issue on my own system or in travis to date but it's obviously a problem.

Once the patch is available I'll prioritize it, I've also requested the new releases once the patch is merged.

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2018-May/347436.html

Ian