[ovs-dev] [RFC v2 dpdk-latest 1/2] netdev-dpdk: Update for DPDK CRC strip flags change.

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 17:06:05 UTC 2018

On 11/15/2018 04:40 PM, Ophir Munk wrote:

> [...]

Hi Ian, previously there was no check to see if STRIP/KEEP was supported
but DPDK wasn't strict about it, so it worked. Now DPDK cares, so the
check must be added. Will send v3 with check.

>> I spotted this testing the net_null pmd, it now fails to init. It's a corner case
>> for sure but probably should be checked that support is there before
>> explicitly setting it.
>>

> This case is handled in https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/997879/

yep, a check needed to be added against device capability, as for
example net_null reports not supporting offloads.

thanks,
Kevin.