[ovs-dev] Hierarchical egress scheduler for OVS-DPDK

Eelco Chaudron echaudro at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 09:11:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is working on some kind of hierarchical egress
scheduler for OVS-DPDK?

I did see a patch from Zhao, https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/793159/
adding multiple queues. However, this will not allow minimum bandwidth
guarantees among multiple queues (well it could be, but the bandwidth
would be reserved, not shared @idle time). In addition, the patchset
seems to be dead...

Guess I'm looking for something similar to the linux-htb for the kernel
datapath.

If found some emails from Gayathri hinting that they are working on it,
but no patches:

http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2016-May/039191.html
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2016-June/041582.html

If no one is working on this, I'll try to see if I can make some time to
work on this.

If anyone has prior attempts please share your thoughts/experiences.

Cheers,

Eelco