[ovs-dev] Point releases

Terry Wilson twilson at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 15:13:41 UTC 2018

Just curious what the schedule/process for doing point releases was? I
noticed that there are 100 patches in branch-2.9 after 2.9.2 and 70 in
branch-2.10 after 2.10.0. Is it just kind of "when it seems right?" I
ask because there was python-ovs patch that we'd like to get into a
release (it's been backported) to fix some networking-ovn CI gate
issues. (Also, I'd love to get the P"Work around Python/C JSON unicode
differences" fix reviewed and in...hint, hint...) :)

I can always do a 'dev' release of python-ovs on PyPI, but if there
was going to be a point release soon anyway, I figured I'd just wait
for the process as that would be a lot cleaner. Thanks.

Terry