[ovs-dev] Q on ovs-dpdk + Vxlan user space tunneling

benli ye danielbenliye at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:19:45 UTC 2018

Hi Ravi,

Let me try to answer your question.
(1) For the first one: I believe NORMAL action can lead the packet to tunnel port.
(2) For how packets flow from br-phy to br-int, You can search code “terminate_native_tunnel()” in ofproto-dpif-xlate.c.
     When it generates datapath flow for an incoming tunnel packet, a OVS_ACTION_ATTR_TUNNEL_POP is inserted in the actions.
     When the encapsulated packet hit OVS_ACTION_ATTR_TUNNEL_POP action, it will be handled to tunnel port on br-int as a re-injected packet.
     Then tunnel headers can be split and delivered to corresponding interface in br-int. When packet sent out from br-int to br-phy, it will hit the tnl_push action which
     is added when computing output action (see native_tunnel_output()), then it will use the route you added to send the encapsulated packet from br-phy interface.
(3) That’s a historic issue as it copied from an original guide. I believe your assumption is right.
(4) I don’t try this command, I think more log information in /var/log/openvswitch may be helpful. Hope someone have this answer.

Thanks,
Daniel Benli Ye