[ovs-dev] Issues configuring OVS-DPDK in openstack queens

Manojawa Paritala manojawapv at biarca.com
Tue Oct 23 11:15:59 UTC 2018

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Huge pages are properly set. Based on the dpdk configuration
dpdk-socket-mem="4096,4096", 8 pages were created under /dev/hugepages.
2. dpdk-p0 is not attached to br-flat1. Actually I defined the bridge as
br-flat1.
3. Yes,  'ovs-vsctl show'  does not show br-flat1. As soon as I add the
below entries in openvswitch-agent.ini and restart the
neutron-openmvswitch-agent service, br-flat1 is getting deleted. I can see
that in the ovs-vswitch logs and also in the output of "ovsdb-tool -mmm
show-log"

datapath_type=netdev
vhostuser_socket_dir=/var/run/openvswitch

4. I do not see any errors in then neutron-openvswitch-agent logs, except
for the below which are displayed after the bridge is deleted.

ERROR neutron.plugins.ml2.drivers.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent
[req-99a234e3-c943-4234-8c4d-f0fdc594df8f - - - - -] Bridge br-flat1 for
physical network flat does not exist. Agent terminated!

Thanks & Regards,
PVMJ