[ovs-dev] Traffic does not go through GRE-IPsec tunnel

Alvaro Jimenez chavalvaro4 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:42:02 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I've implemented a GRE IPsec tunnel as a port between two Open vSwitches
using these commands:
-In OVS1:
#ip tunnel add tun0 mode gre remote 192.168.1.2 local 192.168.1.1 dev eth1
ttl 255
#ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tun0 -- set Interface tun0 type=ipsec_gre
-In OVS2:
#ip tunnel add tun0 mode gre remote 192.168.1.1 local 192.168.1.2 dev eth1
ttl 255
#ovs-vsctl add-port br0 tun0 -- set Interface tun0 type=ipsec_gre
I also have another physical interface (eth0) as ovs port so i have normal
port eth0 and GRE Ipsec tunnel port eth1 in both Open vSwithes. I'm trying
to make HTTP and FTP connections. HTTP through eth0 works corectly but when
trying to forwards http packets through the tunnel only a few packets are
transmitted. FTP connection is stablished correctly on port 21 through both
normal port and GRE IPsec port but when I try to transmit a file, through
normal port is correctly transmitted but it is not through GRE IPsec port.
I don't really know what's the problem here.

Thanks in advance.
Álvaro