[ovs-dev] openvswitch crash on i386

Gregory Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:55:25 UTC 2019

On 4/10/2019 10:19 AM, Gregory Rose wrote:

> On 4/8/2019 1:31 AM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 11:45:44 -0700
>> Gregory Rose <gvrose8192 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> Hi Ben, I apologize for the late reply - I've been out and am just
>> catching up.
>>
>> Yes I have, and when I do the bug goes away.  I've also run a lockdep
>> enabled kernel - didn't see anything there.  I've enabled some further
>> kernel debug options and will get back to working on this now that I'm
>> back to work.
>> For me, this commit [1] seems to fix the issue.
>>
>> ...Juerg
>>
>> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190328063600.GC16096@xps-13
>
> I'll give it a try.  Thanks for the pointer!

That does the trick.  After 100 passes of adding and deleting the test
bridge the problem does not occur.
In my prior testing it never made it more than 6 times through and
usually would panic in first few tries.

I'll send a patch to this list so the fix can be back ported to our OOT
driver.

Thanks,

- Greg