[ovs-dev] Questions about rcu_postpone's wrong use in classifier.c

Ilya Maximets i.maximets at samsung.com
Mon Apr 15 14:52:28 UTC 2019

On 13.04.2019 1:51, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 08, 2019 at 05:37:14PM +0300, Ilya Maximets wrote:
>> However, we still have other places with same issue (I could handle
>> equal case in dpif-netdev if needed) and we need to update the
>> pvector documentation about this issue or prepare some generic
>> pvector_entry_postpone()/ovsrcu_double_postpone().
>
> I'd very much appreciate it if you could look at those cases.

It looks like classifiers are the only users of 'pvector_remove'.
Zhantao Fu handled these cases here:
  https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2019-April/358116.html

I prepared the fix for pvector documentation:
  https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2019-April/358112.html

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.