[ovs-dev] does OVS support for sch_taptio scheduling algorithm?

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Aug 21 17:53:30 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 12:36:09PM +0530, Vikas Kumar wrote:
> could anyone please suggest me how to make my sch_taprio scheduling
> algorithm work with OVS switch? any changes in code is required or any
> specific configuration?

OVS doesn't have built-in support for this scheduling algorithm.  You
have two choices:

1. Configure the scheduling algorithm outside OVS and then just use it
with OVS.  You might need to set up OVS to use "linux-noop" QoS for the
interface in question to keep it from messing about with your scheduling
algorithm in this case.  See ovs-vswitchd.conf.db(5) for details.

2. Add direct support for sch_taprio to OVS.  To do this, you would want
to look at the history of lib/netdev-linux.c and follow the pattern set
by other commits that add new scheduling algorithms, such as commit
2f564bb153f2 ("netdev-linux: netem QoS support").