[ovs-dev] OVS-DPDK public meeting

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 16:11:00 UTC 2019

Next meeting September 18th 1700 UTC

August 21st minutes
Attendees: Pieter, Frikkie, Scott, Roni, Ian, Simon, Kevin.

=======
GENERAL
=======
- OVS 2.12
-- No updates - not aware of any blockers

- DPDK Stable Releases
-- 18.11.3 backports in progress
-- Estimate of early October for 18.11.3 release

- DPDK 19.11
-- DPDK 19.11 is looking like it will be a very large release
-- That increases the risk around integration with OVS
-- dpdk-latest branch in place and being use for early integration/feedback

- Conferences
-- DPDK Userspace, Bordeaux, September 19th-20th
-- DPDK Summit North America, Mountain View CA, November 12-13

- OpenStack VF Mac Setting
-- Request for ability to set VF MAC setting inside a VM from OVS DPDK.
-- There is some discussion on this
-- ping Ian for more details if interested

====================
PERFORMANCE/FEATURES
====================
- OVS 2.13 Planned Features
-- Detailed packet drop statistics per dpdk and vhostuser ports

-- DPDK 19.11 Update
--- as above

-- DPDK RFC 4115 egress policer (requires 19.11)
--- Eelco has submitted patches
--- perhaps they can be integrated on dpdk-latest branch

-- MSEG/TSO
--- Want to get early feedback as it is an intrusive change
--- Some rebased and reworked patches will be available soon

-- 4k page unit test Support (requires 19.11)

-- DPCLS Optimization
--- Some already pushed, Harry is looking at more

-- Connection tracking offload
--- Roni reported that this dev work is in progress and we can expect an
RFC soon