[ovs-dev] compiling on v5.4 kernel

Gregory Rose gvrose8192 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 21:14:54 UTC 2019

On 12/5/2019 11:52 AM, David Ahern wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to compile ovs code from github for the 5.4 kernel and the
> module builds are failing (excerpt pasted below). Is anyone working on
> moving the out of tree modules forward to 5.4 now that it is released
> and targeted as an LTS?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hi David,

We try to keep our out of tree kernel modules compiling against recent
kernels and
will eventually add support for 5.4.  Right now our support is up to
5.0.  However,
you can just build the user space code and not bother with building the
out of
tree kernel modules and then just use the built-in openvswitch kernel
module for 5.4.

Is there some specific need for the out of tree kernel modules to
compile on 5.4
right now?

Thanks,

- Greg