[ovs-dev] [RFC] OVS robot discussion - check API integration

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Mon Feb 11 17:40:59 UTC 2019

11/02/2019 18:03, Ben Pfaff:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:24:01AM -0500, Aaron Conole wrote:
> > I'm following up on a discussion where we briefly talked about adding
> > a 'check' to OVS patch series during the OVS Conference.  'Check' is
> > what the patchwork project provides to show that certain tests have been
> > performed.  It is made up of a name, a status, and a URL.  Some of the
> > projects in the ozlabs patchwork instance are using the check feature
> > already, so there's some examples to reference.
> >
> > My idea is to push some data into travis / cirrus that can be used to
> > insert a check against a patch series.  This would allow committers to
> > look at the status page on patchwork and see at a glance the links to
> > the travis, and if a robot email was sent.
>
> The approach seems reasonable.
>
> You mention that there are existing examples.  How do they do it?

In DPDK project, we are sending the results to a specific mailing-list
with this script:
	http://git.dpdk.org/tools/dpdk-ci/tree/tools/send-patch-report.sh
It is possible to filter some reports by using mail filtering.
Then it is parsed on the server by the following script which updates
patchwork data using server-specific credentials:
	http://git.dpdk.org/tools/dpdk-ci/tree/tools/update-pw.sh

Note that we improved patchwork to highlight CI results with colors:
	https://patches.dpdk.org