[ovs-dev] [ovs-dev, PATCHv8, 1/3] Improved Packet Drop Statistics in OVS

Ilya Maximets i.maximets at samsung.com
Tue Feb 12 16:12:48 UTC 2019

On 12.02.2019 18:55, Aaron Conole wrote:
> Ilya Maximets <i.maximets at samsung.com> writes:
>
>> Aaron, ovsrobot doesn't check this patch for some reason.
>> I suspect, it's because "PATCH" and "v8" are glued together.
>> Could you, please, take a look.
>
> It won't.  But not for that reason.  The patch info says that this is
> patch 1 of 3.  But 2/3 and 3/3 haven't been posted.  So doing a pull
> from patchwork states:
>
>    "total":3,"received_total":1,"received_all":false
>
> Because the patchwork thinks it hasn't received all the patches, it
> defers trying to process the series.  In this case, the submitter may
> have intended to post 2 more patches that never hit the list.  Maybe we
> can revisit the way the robot works now that it creates a special branch
> for each series that can be modified.

Thanks for checking. Did you thought about checking patches in a series one
by one ? I mean that we definitely want all the patches to not break the
build. For this purpose ovsrobot needs to apply patches one by one and check.
This way, I guess, there could be possible to avoid this kind of
misunderstanding with subject prefixes as patch 1/3 should be checked first
anyway. OTOH, this will increase testing time significantly.

> Perhaps this should have been posted without the '1/3' series counter?

Yes. I guess, Anju wanted this patch to be treated as a single patch.