[ovs-dev] OVN/OVS code split: POC

Mark Michelson mmichels at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 14:50:56 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I have completed a *rough* POC of an OVN/OVS code split. You can find it
at https://github.com/putnopvut/ovn.git

Please take a look at the README file since that highlights how the
split was done, as well as some known issues.

My attitude towards this repo is that it is a throwaway prototype. It
essentially proves the concept that OVN can include OVS as a git
subtree, while not really attempting to do a production-ready job of
doing so. There is a lot of unfinished work.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Mark Michelson