[ovs-dev] [PATCH v4 0/3] vhost tx retry updates
ktraynor at redhat.com
Tue Jul 2 00:32:27 UTC 2019
- 1/2 New patch: Move vhost tx retries doc to a seperate section (David)
-- Changed tx_retries to be a custom stat for vhost (Ilya)
-- Added back in MIN() that was dropped in v2, as in retesting I
saw it is needed when the retry limit is reached to prevent
an accounting error
-- note: this is not a typo, it was just out of date
- /* 44 pad bytes here. */
+ /* 4 pad bytes here. */
-- Removed acks due to the amount of changes made
-- Added link between doc sections on vhost tx retries and
and config (Ian)
-- Fixed spacing, fixed typo and added default in docs (Ilya)
-- Some minor renaming due to 2/3 changes
-- Changed config option name from "vhost-tx-retries" to "tx-retries-max"
in order to have a generic user facing name in case it is ever extended
to other interfaces
-- Other minor edits
-- Kept acks as the operation didn't really change
- 2/4 really updated text to NETDEV_MAX_BURST this time
- 4/4 comments from Flavio. Made max retries limit 32.
- 1/4 - split out minor fix from docs patch
- 2/4 - updated text, NETDEV_MAX_BURST, QEMU/libvirt versions
- 3/4 - removed unneeded MIN()
- 4/4 - explicitly range check, removed unneeded tx_counters fn changes
Kevin Traynor (3):
doc: Move vhost tx retry info to separate section.
netdev-dpdk: Add custom stat for vhost tx retries.
netdev-dpdk: Enable vhost-tx-retries config.
Documentation/topics/dpdk/vhost-user.rst | 105 +++++++++++++++--------
lib/netdev-dpdk.c | 75 +++++++++++++++-
vswitchd/vswitch.xml | 12 +++
3 files changed, 152 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
More information about the dev