[ovs-dev] "soft freeze" now in effect for master branch

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Mon Jul 8 15:13:23 UTC 2019

Hi.  As described in Documentation/internals/release-process.rst, we are
in a "soft freeze" of the master branch:

   During the freeze, we ask committers to refrain from applying patches that
   add new features unless those patches were already being publicly discussed
   and reviewed before the freeze began.  Bug fixes are welcome at any time.
   Please propose and discuss exceptions on ovs-dev.

We're a week late entering into this (because I forgot).  We should
branch for version 2.12 a week from now, on July 15, but perhaps we'll
delay it by a week also due to the oversight.