[ovs-dev] OVS/OVN split complete in ovn-org/ovn repository

Numan Siddique nusiddiq at redhat.com
Wed Jul 31 05:48:42 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:13 AM Ankur Sharma <ankur.sharma at nutanix.com>
wrote:

> Hi Numan,
>
> I have some basic queries:
> a. Will OVN has its own versioning and release now?

My assumption is that we will continue with 2.13 and above and the same 6
month release cycle.
We can discuss about this further.

b. Will OVS RPM continue to provide OVN binaries?

We have already split OVN rpms from OVS since 2.11. OVS rpms don't provide
OVN subpackages.
For fedora you can check this out -
https://fedora.pkgs.org/30/fedora-x86_64/ovn-2.11.0-4.fc30.x86_64.rpm.html

I am not sure how debian/ubuntu is handling it. It would be great if some
one wants to make OVN packages independent in debian.

Thanks
Numan