[ovs-dev] OVS compiling issue(gcc version 6.5.0 )

Yanqin Wei (Arm Technology China) Yanqin.Wei at arm.com
Tue Jun 4 07:38:52 UTC 2019

Hi Ben,

After reconfigure the compiler: CC=gcc , this issue is solved.  I tried to reproduce it and found reproducing condition is to switch default gcc version after running configure script.
1. default gcc is gcc-8, running the configure script.
2. change the default gcc to gcc-6
3. building  <--- compiling error

4. specific C compiler by configure script: compiler CC=gcc  <--  building success
5. change default gcc to gcc-8 and running the configure script
6  change default gcc to gcc-6 & building <-- compiling error

In the config.log after step 3, the detected gcc version is 8.2, so it choose some unsupported compiler option for gcc-6.
configure:4038: checking for C compiler version
configure:4047: gcc --version >&5
gcc (GCC) 8.2.0

So I think it should not be a bug.  It is a configure issue. Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,
Wei Yanqin