[ovs-dev] Missing patches after force-push on master.

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Mon Mar 4 15:37:01 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 10:14:10AM +0300, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> The master branch was force-pushed by someone recently.
> And I see some difference in the tree after that.

Sorry about that.  Justin accidentally pushed a huge messy merge to
master, that hadn't been reviewed and wasn't ready.  I did a force-push
to fix it, and I thought I'd done it in a way that didn't lose anything,
but it seems that I goofed.

> At least one patch is missing now:
>     https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1050129/
> It exists as a backport on branches 2.10 and 2.11, but not on master.
> It was cac3ecaca90ce25f366c72bc8a3bc4602181d320.
>
> Ian, could you please re-apply this patch to master ?

I see that Ian did that.

> Also, one patch that was never on a ovs-dev list appeared on master:
> f19f763bc702 ("rconn: Avoid occasional immediate connection failures.")
> Was it a mistake? Should we revert it? BTW, it seems good.

That one did get tested but it was on ovs-discuss:
https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-discuss/2019-March/048262.html