[ovs-dev] [BUILD branch-2.6-8, 11] Failure when executing 'make check'

Ilya Maximets i.maximets at samsung.com
Mon Mar 4 15:58:58 UTC 2019

Hi.

> Hello all,
> I have been trying build OVS using `make check` but I have been getting
> errors on a couple of branches.
>
> All of the mentioned branches were built with this script.
> ./boot.sh
> ./configure --enable-Werror
> make check
>

> On each I got these results:
> branch-2.6  ----  Build hung forever. I started build Monday afternoon,
> came in the following morning and realized the build never finished.
>                    It hung for 16 hours. I canceled the build. I built
> it a second time on the same workspace, and it actually finished this time.
>                    This gave this error 2136: ovs-monitor-ipsec FAILED
> (ovs-monitor-ipsec.at:35).
>                    Ok, so I deleted my workspace and built with a clean
> workspace again a third time, and I got the same original error where it
> would just hung there forever.

As Ben said, older testsuites could hang. This usually happens if some test
process crashes and others waits for it. Default timeouts was introduced for
tests in more recent branches. There are also some bad race conditions that
could lead to waiting of finished processes.
However, testsuite on branch-2.6 runs fine for me. I don't know what your
exact issue is.

> branch-2.7  ----  test fail: 1928: monitor-cond-change with many
> sessions pending  FAILED (ovsdb-monitor.at:633)
> branch-2.8  ----  test fail: 1969: monitor-cond-change with many
> sessions pending  FAILED (ovsdb-monitor.at:633)

Fix for above two branches is on a list:
    https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1048316/

But it's not merged yet.

> branch-2.11 ----  test fail: 852: tunnel - concomitant incompatible
> tunnels on different ports FAILED (tunnel.at:868)

2.11 builds/tests fine on TravisCI. There should be no issues.
On which system you're trying to build?

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.