[ovs-dev] some problems while using select group with ovs 2.9.2 and floodlight master branch

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Wed Mar 6 20:35:28 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 11:25:31PM +0330, Hossein Mousavi Nejad wrote:
> For example, I define a select group consist of two buckets:
> I set bucket weight of first one as "80" and second one as "20".
> So, I expect that 80 percent of packets that enter that group send out via
> first bucket and 20 percent of that send to second one. but the switch does
> not operate in this way at all.
> Is my expectation correct or not?

That will only be true if you're considering packets from different
microflows that differ in fields configured for hashing in the group.
See "Group Syntax" in ovs-ofctl(8).

It is normally undesirable to act differently on individual packets in
the same microflow because that will cause out-of-order delivery of
packets in, say, the same TCP connection, which makes things slow.