[ovs-dev] [ovs-discuss] ovs-vswitchd memory consumption behavior

Fernando Casas Schössow casasfernando at outlook.com
Tue Mar 19 07:13:06 UTC 2019

Not yet. I will look into how to do it in Alpine.

On lun, mar 18, 2019 at 10:37 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> wrote:
Did you try compiling with Address Sanitizer yet? It is just as effective as valgrind at finding leaks, but it slows the process much less than valgrind does, so it is less likely to change behavior due to timing issues. On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 07:36:06AM +0000, Fernando Casas Schössow wrote:
After two days of running OVS through valgrind again I suspect that for some reason (probably how Valgrind works) the leak is not happening while running through Valgrind. Please find attached two sets of valgrind logs in case they can help but I really doubt it. As soon as I run OVS alone again, the leak starts and after 5 days it's already using around 360MB as you can see in the chart attached (taked from munin): Any other ideas on how I can try to catch the leak are welcome. Thanks.