[ovs-dev] include/sparse/rte_flow.h

Ilya Maximets i.maximets at ovn.org
Tue Nov 19 17:46:26 UTC 2019

On 19.11.2019 18:29, Eli Britstein wrote:

> On 11/19/2019 7:27 PM, Eli Britstein wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I see this file has many inconsistencies against the one from DPDK
>> (18.11.2).
>>
>> For example, this API:
>>
>> rte_flow_query(uint16_t port_id,
>>            struct rte_flow *flow,
>>            enum rte_flow_action_type action,
>>            void *data,
>>            struct rte_flow_error *error);
>>
>> is wrong, vs the one from DPDK:
>>
>> rte_flow_query(uint16_t port_id,
>>            struct rte_flow *flow,
>>            const struct rte_flow_action *action,
>>            void *data,
>>            struct rte_flow_error *error);
>>
>> Note the "action" argument.
>>

>> I also see in it this line:
>>
>> #error "Use this header only with sparse.  It is not a correct
>> implementation."
>>

>> So, is it wrong on purpose? If so, why?
>>
>> I test my patch-set before I submit using travis, and it fails because
>> of this wrong file. Can we just take the correct code from DPDK?
>> Should I maybe take only the parts that cause me to fail?

Hi.  DPDK headers before 18.11.3 has issues that makes sparse unhappy.
This header will be removed along with upgrade to 18.11.3 or higher.
Right now we're not experiencing issues with current version of
sparse header probably just because we're not using most of the functions.

We're not going to update this header only remove.  You may update it in
your patches or base your changes on top of dpdk-latest branch where this
header already removed.

I'm not sure when we're going to migrate to 18.11.{3,5}.
@Ian, @Kevin, is validation still in progress?  Does anyone work on this?

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.