[ovs-dev] [bug-report] bfd decay unit case failure

Ben Pfaff blp at ovn.org
Thu Nov 21 17:33:52 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 09:25:49AM +0000, Lance Yang (Arm Technology China) wrote:
> I encountered a unit test failure when I ran the Open vSwitch testsuite on Travis CI aarch64 lxd container.
> The environment can be found at line 7 : build system information section in the report on https://travis-ci.org/yzyuestc/ovs/jobs/614941322 . The unit test case name is "bfd decay" , you can find the unit test failure details in the report after line 6520. The failure is not 100% reproducible on Travis CI.
> Could anyone give some hint on what is wrong for this unit test case?

We do our best to make the Open vSwitch test cases resist differences in
timing from one environment to another, but there still may be some that
are sensitive to it.  This one may be such a test case.  These problems
can be difficult to debug without being able to trigger them in
interactive environments.  Have you been able to see it when you build
by hand?