[ovs-dev] [PATCH ovn 06/19] news: Fix the out-of-date information afte split from ovs.
hzhou at ovn.org
Mon Oct 21 00:51:06 UTC 2019
Sync the latest NEWS from OVS project for v2.12.0, and add the news
for spliting OVN from OVS for post-v2.12.0.
Signed-off-by: Han Zhou <hzhou at ovn.org>
NEWS | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
1 file changed, 38 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 73045d6..72e52b9 100644
@@ -1,11 +1,26 @@
+ - This is the first release after OVN is split from Open vSwitch
+v2.12.0 - 03 Sep 2019
* New option 'other_config:dpdk-socket-limit' to limit amount of
hugepage memory that can be used by DPDK.
+ * Add support for vHost Post-copy Live Migration (experimental).
+ * OVS validated with DPDK 18.11.2 which is the new minimal supported
+ * DPDK 18.11.1 and lower is no longer supported.
+ * New option 'tx-retries-max' to set the maximum amount of vhost tx
+ retries that can be made.
+ * All features required by OpenFlow 1.5 are now implemented, so
+ ovs-vswitchd now enables OpenFlow 1.5 by default (in addition to
+ OpenFlow 1.0 to 1.4).
* Removed support for OpenFlow 1.6 (draft), which ONF abandoned.
* New action "check_pkt_larger".
+ * Support for OpenFlow 1.5 "meter" action.
- Userspace datapath:
* ICMPv6 ND enhancements: support for match and set ND options type
and reserved fields.
@@ -19,11 +34,25 @@ Post-v2.11.0
* New "ovs-appctl dpctl/ipf-get-status" command for userspace datapath
conntrack fragmentation support.
* New action "check_pkt_len".
+ * Port configuration with "other-config:priority-tags" now has a mode
+ that retains the 802.1Q header even if VLAN and priority are both zero.
+ * 'ovs-appctl exit' now implies cleanup of non-internal ports in userspace
+ datapath regardless of '--cleanup' option. Use '--cleanup' to remove
+ internal ports too.
+ * Removed experimental tag for SMC cache.
+ * Datapath classifer code refactored to enable function pointers to select
+ the lookup implementation at runtime. This enables specialization of
+ specific subtables based on the miniflow attributes, enhancing the
+ performance of the subtable search.
+ * Add Linux AF_XDP support through a new experimental netdev type "afxdp".
* OVSDB clients can now resynchronize with clustered servers much more
quickly after a brief disconnection, saving bandwidth and CPU time.
See section 4.1.15 of ovsdb-server(7) for details of related OVSDB
+ * Support to convert from cluster database to standalone database is now
+ available when clustered is down and cannot be revived using ovsdb-tool
+ . Check "Database Migration Commands" in ovsdb-tool man section.
- select IPAM mac_prefix in a random manner if not provided by the user
@@ -38,10 +67,16 @@ Post-v2.11.0
* Support for Transport Zones, a way to separate chassis into
logical groups which results in tunnels only been formed between
members of the same transport zone(s).
- * Support for new logical switch port type - 'virtual'.
- * Support for IGMP Snooping/Querier and Relay.
+ * Support for IGMP Snooping and IGMP Querier.
- New QoS type "linux-netem" on Linux.
- Added support for TLS Server Name Indication (SNI).
+ - Linux datapath:
+ * Support for the kernel versions 4.19.x and 4.20.x.
+ * Support for the kernel version 5.0.x.
+ * Add support for conntrack zone-based timeout policy.
+ - 'ovs-dpctl dump-flows' is no longer suitable for dumping offloaded flows.
+ 'ovs-appctl dpctl/dump-flows' should be used instead.
+ - Add L2 GRE tunnel over IPv6 support.
v2.11.0 - 19 Feb 2019
More information about the dev