[ovs-dev] SIGILL ovs branch-2.12/arm64/DPDK

Yanqin Wei (Arm Technology China) Yanqin.Wei at arm.com
Wed Sep 4 09:53:50 UTC 2019

Understood. Thanks for the information.

Best Regards,
Wei Yanqin

From: James Page <james.page at canonical.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:45 PM
To: Yanqin Wei (Arm Technology China) <Yanqin.Wei at arm.com>
Cc: Ilya Maximets <i.maximets at samsung.com>; ovs-dev at openvswitch.org
Subject: Re: [ovs-dev] SIGILL ovs branch-2.12/arm64/DPDK

Hi

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Yanqin Wei (Arm Technology China) <Yanqin.Wei at arm.com<mailto:Yanqin.Wei at arm.com>> wrote:

CRC32 is not a mandatory feature for Armv8.0. What is the arm64 CPU used in your platform?
I'm not sure if it's necessary to use mandatory feature (neon) to optimize hash libraries, because I thought most arm64 CPUs supported CRC32.

The builders we use in Launchpad for package builds are fully virtualized via OpenStack; I checked and we have some older X-gene CPU's which don't have crc32 support.