[ovs-dev] [branch-2.11 1/2] Set release date for 2.11.2.

Justin Pettit jpettit at ovn.org
Thu Sep 5 23:24:49 UTC 2019

> On Sep 5, 2019, at 4:08 PM, Han Zhou <zhouhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Shall older branches support latest kernels? If so, some kernel patches need to be backported to avoid compile failure. For example, on 2.11, below patch is required for kernel module compile to pass on Ubuntu with kernel version 4.15.0-60:
> - datapath: Use new header file net/ipv6_frag.h
>
> For the above patch to be backported without conflict, it requires:
> - datapath: Pass nf_hook_state to nf_conntrack_in()
> - datapath: Handle removal of nf_conntrack_l3proto.h
> - datapath: Fix compiling error for 4.14.111+ kernel
> - datapath: meter: Use struct_size() in kzalloc()

We support the kernels listed in our releases FAQ for a particular OVS version:

	http://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/faq/releases/

2.11 does indicate that kernel 4.15 should be supported.  It looks like OVS compiles fine against 4.15.0-58, but something changed in 4.15.0-60.  I went ahead and pulled the patches you recommended and pushed them to branch-2.11.  Thanks for figuring it out.

I'll skip the 2.11.2 release announcement and just jump to 2.11.3.

Thanks again!

--Justin