[ovs-dev] dpdk-latest rebase

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 07:43:05 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 9:45 PM Stokes, Ian <ian.stokes at intel.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/2019 1:09 PM, David Marchand wrote:

> >> Sounds good to me. Thanks!
> >>
> >> BTW, last time I tried to build the dpdk-latest branch there was
> >> issues with sparse, i.e. some DPDK headers didn't want to build.
> >> So, there is a probability that some additional fixes required.
> >
> > ovs rte_flow.h (sparse header) is out of sync with dpdk master.
> > Either we resync it or we remove it :-).
> >

> I've just pushed the rebase. I can take a look at fixing at the sparse
> header for rte_flow.h in the coming days to help fix travis.

Just tested it, got bitten by some build issue related to ovn removal,
but I suppose this is because my workdir was already configured.
>From scratch, it works fine.
Thanks.

About sparse and rte_flow.h, just removing include/sparse/rte_flow.h
header does the trick.
I inserted issues in the rte_flow.h from my compiled dpdk and sparse
properly reported them when building ovs.

What is the reason for keeping this copy of the file in ovs?

--
David Marchand