[ovs-dev] OvS DPDK vector pmd drivers

William Tu u9012063 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 14:06:39 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 02:14:26PM -0700, Ravi Kerur wrote:
> Hi OvS DPDK team,
>
> I am looking at ixgbe_set_rx_function and ixgbe_set_tx_function and would
> like to enable vectorized packet handling. Looking at ixgbe_set_rx_function

Do you mean this "27.1. Vector PMD for IXGBE"?
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/ixgbe.html

> I see that it depends on device configuration and other parameters like
> descriptors, burst sze to enable vectorized Rx and Tx. How do I check which
> Tx and Rx OvS is using for processing?

Hi Ravi,

Do you mean whether OVS-DPDK uses this:

        /*
         * Set the non-LRO scattered callback: there are Vector and
         * single allocation versions.
         */
        if (adapter->rx_vec_allowed) {
            PMD_INIT_LOG(DEBUG, "Using Vector Scattered Rx "
                        "callback (port=%d).",
                     dev->data->port_id);

I guess if your NIC and CPU support, it should be automatically
enabled.

William