[ovs-dev] Bond support on Windows OVS

Alin Serdean aserdean at cloudbasesolutions.com
Mon Aug 24 12:37:16 UTC 2020

Hi Jinjun,

Basically we need to use `New-NetSwitchTeam` to make OVS aware of multiple adapters:
[1] https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/intro/install/windows/#add-multiple-nics-to-be-managed-by-ovs

For bonding in particular we need to add some(or all) of those interfaces inside OVS bonds:
[2] https://blog.scottlowe.org/2012/10/19/link-aggregation-and-lacp-with-open-vswitch/

Please let me know if you want me to send a snippet that combines [1] and [2].

In particular use cases, we can also create a switch over LBFO team NIC as per:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/netlbfo/new-netlbfoteam?view=win10-ps
but in that case from the OVS side we see one single external NIC.

Thanks,
Alin.