[ovs-dev] how to use ovn-scale-test when i do not use git repo

Dumitru Ceara dceara at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 08:25:22 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 5:31 AM Ginwala, Aliasgar via dev
<ovs-dev at openvswitch.org> wrote:

> Sure:
>
> You are refer to https://ovn-scale-test.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/step_1_setting_up_the_environment.html which is in doc  folder of ovn-scale-test repo including the links in README.
>

> From: "shenjian.gc at gmail.com" <shenjian.gc at gmail.com>
> Date: Monday, January 6, 2020 at 6:28 PM
> To: "Ginwala, Aliasgar" <aginwala at ebay.com>, "ovs-dev at openvswitch.org" <ovs-dev at openvswitch.org>
> Subject: how to use ovn-scale-test when i do not use git repo
>
> hi,aginwala:
>    when I use ovn-multihost-physical.json to
> deployment ,it allways fail. Do you have detailed manual for ovn-scale-test?

If you use ovn-multihost-physical.json [1] you need to pre provision
the "controller" and "node" machines with OVS/OVN. This is different
than with install_method="sandbox" which will take care of
provisioning the nodes with OVS/OVN sandboxes. With the sample in [1]
ovn-scale-test will expect ovn-northd to be running on machine
192.168.42.254 and ovn-controller running on machine 192.168.20.20,
connected to the SB database on the .254 node.

Regards,
Dumitru

[1] https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn-scale-test/blob/master/samples/deployments/ovn-multihost-physical.json