[ovs-dev] OVS bond slb no failover in case of non-responsive slave

Alona Kaplan alkaplan at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 15:38:46 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm Kubevirt developer. We have some use cases we want to use ovs bond in
slb mode since the switches are not supporting LACP.
During our testing we've noticed that ovs slb bond doesn't have fault
tolerance.
In case one of the slaves has connectivity issues (but its link state is
still up), the bond doesn't failover to another slave.

Mateo (mcroce at redhat.com) approved it is indeed the design and not a bug.

AFAIK, VMware ESXi also support bond with no LACP. Does anybody know if the
behaviour is the same and they don't have fault tolerance as well?

Thanks,
Alona.