[ovs-dev] OVN: Two datapath-bindings are created for the same logical-switch

Han Zhou zhouhan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 02:35:09 UTC 2020

resend as plain text, since I got "The message's content type was not
explicitly allowed" reply from ovs-dev-owner.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:30 PM Han Zhou <zhouhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 7:24 PM Tony Liu <tonyliu0592 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Han,
>>

>> Continue with this thread. Regarding to your comment in another thread.
>>
>> ===================
>>
>> 2) OVSDB clients usually monitors and syncs all (interested) data from
server to local, so when they do declarative processing, they could correct
problems by themselves. In fact, ovn-northd does the check and deletes
duplicated datapaths. I did a simple test and it did cleanup by itself:

>> 2020-07-30T18:55:53.057Z|00006|ovn_northd|INFO|ovn-northd lock acquired.
This ovn-northd instance is now active.
>> 2020-07-30T19:02:10.465Z|00007|ovn_northd|INFO|deleting Datapath_Binding
abef9503-445e-4a52-ae88-4c826cbad9d6 with duplicate
external-ids:logical-switch/router ee80c38b-2016-4cbc-9437-f73e3a59369e

>> I am not sure why in your case north was stuck, but I agree there must
be something wrong. Please collect northd logs if you encounter this again
so we can dig further.

>> ===================
>>

>> You are right that ovn-northd will try to clean up the duplication, but,
>>
>> there are ports in port-binding referencing to this datapath-binding, so
>>
>> ovn-northd fails to delete the datapath-binding. I have to manually
delete

>> those ports to be able to delete the datapath-binding. I believe it’s not
>>
>> supported for ovn-northd to delete a configuration that is being
>>
>> referenced. Is that right? If yes, should we fix it or it's the
intention?

> Yes, good point!
> It is definitely a bug and we should fix it. I think the best fix is to
change the schema and add "logical_datapath" as a index, but we'll need to
make it backward compatible to avoid upgrade issues.