[ovs-dev] [PATCH ovn 3/3] TODO.rst: Remove "Reducing startup time".
hzhou at ovn.org
Mon Jun 22 05:38:56 UTC 2020
This has already been addressed by OVSDB fast-resync feature.
Signed-off-by: Han Zhou <hzhou at ovn.org>
TODO.rst | 11 -----------
1 file changed, 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/TODO.rst b/TODO.rst
index b2f545a..6df6b84 100644
@@ -98,17 +98,6 @@ OVN To-do List
only break protocol handling into separate threads, leaving the
actual database work serialized through a lock.
- * Reducing startup time.
- As-is, if ovsdb-server restarts, every client will fetch a fresh copy of
- the part of the database that it cares about. With hundreds of clients,
- this could cause heavy CPU load on ovsdb-server and use excessive network
- bandwidth. It would be better to allow incremental updates even across
- connection loss. One way might be to use "Difference Digests" as described
- in Epstein et al., "What's the Difference? Efficient Set Reconciliation
- Without Prior Context". (I'm not yet aware of previous non-academic use of
- this technique.)
* Support multiple tunnel encapsulations in Chassis.
So far, both ovn-controller and ovn-controller-vtep only allow chassis to
More information about the dev