[ovs-dev] OvS VTEP simulator

Ravi Kerur rkerur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:39:43 UTC 2020

Hello,

I think I figured out the answers to my questions. I need some additional
clarifications on the OvS vtep functionality. We are moving away from
kernel Vxlan to OvS/OvS-DPDK. Kernel Vxlan supports both point-to-point and
point-to-multipoint implementation and we have used that in our current
implementation. With OvS/OvS-DPDK it is point-to-point only, I don't see a
way to do point-2-multipoint even when using ovs-vtep/vtep-ctl. Wanted to
know if it's possible and  any reference available?

Thanks.