[ovs-dev] [PATCH 5/5] docs: Acknowledge in more places that localnet isn't the only option.
blp at ovn.org
Fri Mar 13 22:32:27 UTC 2020
Signed-off-by: Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org>
ovn-architecture.7.xml | 14 +++++++-------
ovn-nb.xml | 6 +++---
2 files changed, 10 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
diff --git a/ovn-architecture.7.xml b/ovn-architecture.7.xml
index 450b40ab7a8b..810937ea92cb 100644
@@ -1499,10 +1499,11 @@
the VM or container to the outside world should be processed
completely on that VM's or container's hypervisor, eventually
traversing a localnet port instance on that hypervisor to the
- physical network. Whenever possible, packets from the outside
- world to a VM or container should be directed through the physical
- network directly to the VM's or container's hypervisor, where the
- packet will enter the integration bridge through a localnet port.
+ physical network or a connection to a different OVN deployment.
+ Whenever possible, packets from the outside world to a VM or
+ container should be directed through the physical network directly
+ to the VM's or container's hypervisor, where the packet will enter
+ the integration bridge through a localnet port.
@@ -1788,9 +1789,8 @@
- If the logical router doesn't have a distributed gateway port connecting
- to the localnet logical switch which provides external connectivity,
- then this option is ignored by <code>OVN</code>.
+ OVN ignores this option if the logical router doesn't have a distributed
+ gateway port that provides external connectivity.
diff --git a/ovn-nb.xml b/ovn-nb.xml
index e113a9fe3f6a..2b0b045ab574 100644
@@ -2038,9 +2038,9 @@
If any of these are set, this logical router port represents a
distributed gateway port that connects this router to a
- logical switch with a <code>localnet</code> port. There may
- be at most one such logical router port on each logical
+ logical switch with a <code>localnet</code> port or a
+ connection to another OVN deployment. There may be at most
+ one such logical router port on each logical router.
More information about the dev