[ovs-dev] Conntrack with SCTP: +est is never reached.

Aaron Conole aconole at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 20:52:01 UTC 2020

Ben Pfaff <blp at ovn.org> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 10:27:52AM -0400, Mark Michelson wrote:
>> I've recently been working on adding support for SCTP load balancers in
>> OVN[1]. In a recent test run by Tim Rozet, he ran into an issue with my
>> patch[2].
>
> Do we have any idea whether OVS conntrack works for SCTP in general?
>
> Aaron, you're the only person I can quickly find who has committed
> anything related to sctp and conntrack, with commit 93346d889271
> ("conntrack: add display support for sctp").  Did you test conntrack
> with sctp or did you have any reports of success or failure with it?

I did test, but only using an action=NORMAL bridge.  I don't know if the
general case for conntracking SCTP works.

A quick test on my system does display similar issues, and it's likely
something in kernel.  I see that a +inv+trk rule is matching.  I'll dig
a bit deeper, but there's probably a missing state interpretation.