[ovs-dev] OVN 20.06 Soft Freeze Today

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri May 15 14:52:36 UTC 2020

On 5/11/20 10:15 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> On 5/8/20 2:17 PM, Numan Siddique wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 9:58 PM Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com
>> <mailto:ihrachys at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     I would like the series to support multiple localnet ports per
>> switch
>>     ("routed provider networks for OpenStack") considered for inclusion.
>>
>>     The series is here:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=173328
>>
>>     There's an updated (v3) version of 5/6 patch from the series here:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200508154425.112544-1-ihrachys@redhat.com/
>>
>>     (I'm not sure I posted it correctly - since other patches in the
>>     series
>>     didn't need any update from v2, I pushed only 5/6 but now it's
>>     displayed
>>     separately in patchwork; let me know if that's an issue and/or I
>>     should
>>     repost the whole series.)
>>

>> I think it's better to repost as a whole series.
>>

> Thanks. Here is the full series (I also attached a cover letter):
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=176134
>

> Note there's one issue in the new test cases that I am working on
> right now and hope to fix a fix today. There will probably be v5 of
> the series but I hope we can pick any other issues in the
> implementation, reviews are welcome.

Hi all,

Bear with me since I am new to OVN release freeze process. Now that we
approach(ed?) hard freeze, I wonder if there's still a chance to include
the series mentioned above (there's v7 of the same up for review with
one ack), or it will have to slip into a next release. I understand that
not everything raised can - nor should - be included during soft freeze.
On the other hand, I haven't seen much of discussion as to merit of
inclusion of particular patches mentioned in this soft freeze thread.
Did the discussion happen anywhere else? In general, how does the
project decide on which exception requests to grant and which to shelve?

Thanks,

Ihar