[ovs-dev] OVS-DPDK patch review list update

Stokes, Ian ian.stokes at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 14:21:12 UTC 2020


Hi All,

Please see the updated patch review list from this week's call. Note we've updated the list to include patches merged and dropped.

Regards
Ian


Patch List

=== Merge Candidate (Close to merging) ===

name: ovsdb: Remove read permission of *.db from others
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=203778
subm: Yi-Hung Wei
Why: Possible security concern.
Status: Acked by Red Hat, will wait for anymore feedback in the next few days before merge. Ilya to apply today/tomorrow, backport to stable branches.
---

name: netdev-offload-dpdk: Preserve HW statistics for modified flows
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20201012142735.5304-1-elibr@nvidia.com/
subm: Eli Britstein (Nvidia)
why?: Already reviewed by me, can someone else take a look?
Status: Broadcom acked, Intel validated. Ilya to review this week.
---

name: dpctl-netdev: Add the option "pmd" for dump-flows 
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200928091722.2830-1-xiangxia.m.yue@gmail.com/
subm: Tonghao Zhang (???)
why?: v3, comments might have been fully addressed, simple feature.
Status: Comments addressed, Nvidia acked, Ilya will apply soon.
---


=== Review In Progress ===

name: New LTS and updated release policy.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=204478
subm: Ilya Maximets (Red Hat)
Why: Need agreement community wide on LTS and branch lifecycle process.
Status: Needs review/feedback. Should we timebox this? 1 more week for feedback and will be merged.
---

name: ofproto-dpif-xlate: Do not use zero-weight buckets in select groups.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=112576
subm: Ben Pfaff (OVN)
why?: looks correct, still valid, Ilya validated but no response afterward, get closure.
Status: Needs review and rebase but close to merging. Needs external review (prioritize)
---

name: netdev-offload-dpdk: Pass L4 proto-id to match in the L3 rte_flow_item
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200710120718.38633-3-sriharsha.basavapatna@broadcom.com/
subm: Sriharsha Basavapatna (Broadcom)
why?: Already acked-by Eli Britstein, fixes rte-flow processing in PMDs, could give an additional pair of eyes.
Status: Nvidia acked, Intel to review. V3 posted this week, update link.
---

name: netdev-dpdk: support changing VF MAC 
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=202144
subm: Gaetan Rivet (Nvidia)
why?: Latest remarks have been addressed, can someone else take a look?
Status: Review ongoing, new revision required but will await for feedback from Ilya.
---

name: Some fixes for OVS IPsec on Fedora 
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=205691
subm: Mark Gray (Red Hat)
Why: Simple updates to docs and python installation packages.
Status: Feedback given on patch 1 of the series, testing in progress on patch 2 by Ian.
---

name: system-dpdk: add tso negotiation tests
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=188656
subm: Gowrishankar Muthukrishnan
Why: v8, already acked on some of the series, but more feedback due on numa and memory allocation before applying.
Status: Feedback provided by Ilya, new revision needed, reviews needed.
---

name: tunnel: Set ECN mask bits only when it is matched in the IP header
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200710120718.38633-4-sriharsha.basavapatna@broadcom.com/
subm: Sriharsha Basavapatna (Broadcom)
why?: Simple patch, get a look at ofproto/tunnel.c, seems fine from a first approach.
Status: Patch has been suspended, will repost after discussion and possible possible new approach at the netdev-offload level.
---

name: ofproto: Fix statistics of datapath operations.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=180758
subm: zhaozhanxu (???)
why?: Error seems simple to fix -- clamp stats down to 0.
Status: Awaiting from zhaozhanxu on where/when the issue is seen, could be a bug in offload (TC or DPDK) and could require resolution at that level.
---


=== Not Reviewed (No review in progress) ===

name: bond/mirror: fix duplicate output when mix bond and mirror
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/SG2PR03MB396067B6740F08908F2BB1B9B6520@SG2PR03MB3960.apcprd03.prod.outlook.com/
subm: Shuang Huang
why?: Bug fix
Status: Needs review
---

name: ovsdb-idl.at: Return stream open_block python tests.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200904115126.353935-1-i.maximets@ovn.org/
Subm: Ilya
Why: Bug fix
Status: Needs review
---


=== Merged ===

name: travis: Disable check for array of flexible structures in sparse.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=206492
subm: Ilya Maximets (Red Hat)
Why: Required to keep community CI passing.
Status: Merged

name: netdev-offload-dpdk: Support vxlan encap offload with load actions
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200730105838.5329-1-elibr@mellanox.com/
subm: Eli Britstein (Nvidia)
why?: Already reviewed by other nvidia people, can someone take a look pls?
Status: Merged

name: Use more sensitive terminology.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=208454
subm: Ben Pfaff (OVN)
Why: Multiple communities making similar changes (e.g. DPDK).
Status: Merged
---

name: travis: Fix kernel download retry.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=165294
subm: David Marchand (Red hat)
why?: Simple CI fix, input was requested to finish the patch, should be short to give.
Status: Merged
---


=== Dropped ===

name: dpif-netdev: Add miniflow bits to dump-flows.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=176943
subm: William Tu (OVN)
Why: -
Status: Dropped
---

name: dpdk: Refuse running on cpu >= RTE_MAX_LCORE.
href: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=185987
subm: David Marchand (Red hat)
why?: This patch is a dependency for another patch supporting new thread API in DPDK.  David did not respond to last remark, just need a follow-up?
Status: New patch to be submitted to DPDK latest, possibly drop this if not needed.
---



More information about the dev mailing list