[ovs-dev] OVN Patchwork Instance

Aaron Conole aconole at redhat.com
Tue Sep 1 16:03:25 UTC 2020

Mark Michelson <mmichels at redhat.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> OVN now has its own patchwork project:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ovn/

Awesome!

> This means that if you wish to review OVN patches, use the link
> above. Going forward, the OVS patchwork project will only have OVS
> patches. OVN patches that were submitted prior to the split on
> patchwork (31 August) still show up on the OVS patchwork
> page. However, if you submit follow-ups to those patches, they will
> appear on the OVN patchwork page. So if you have any outstanding
> patches, it may be worth submitting a "bump" so they end up on the new
> patchwork project.
>
> For OVN developers, you still need to be sure to include "ovn" in the
> subject line enclosed in square brackets. This is how patchwork knows
> to send the patch to the OVN project instead of OVS.

Okay, cool.

> Temporarily, this means that OVN patches are not automatically going
> through the zero-day robot processing. So you will not get replies if
> patches don't apply or if checkpatch.py fails. You also will not see
> build results on the build list.

Happy Sept. 1st!  They should be now - I only did a brief test run,
though.

Actually, that brings up an interesting issue I noticed:

 '--with-ovs-source' doesn't seem to propagate via make distcheck
 (doubtless I've forgotten my 'automake' variables where I am supposed
 to pass this), so it currently fails.

> I plan to remedy this soon, though. I will notify the list once this
> has been corrected.

:)