[ovs-dev] Does anybody know how we can work around NORMAL action limitation about vlan?

Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集团 yangyi01 at inspur.com
Thu Aug 5 22:19:51 UTC 2021

Hi, folks

I’m changing Openstack Neutron to use openflow-based pipeline to implement qrouter and floating IP, everything is ok when two VMs (which are in two different compute nodes and two subnets but same network, so vlan tag is same), but NORMAL action will drop packets if they are on different networks (main difference is vlan tags are different), we can see such information by “ovs-appctl ofproto/trace …”

dropping VLAN 2 tagged packet received on port tap351a3443-9c configured as VLAN 1 access port

I believe it is led by different vlan, so I changed vlan id and IN_PORT by mod_vlan_vid:2 and resubmit(qr-492d8a7b-2d,73), but NORMAL still dropped it.

dropping VLAN 2 tagged packet received on port qr-492d8a7b-2d configured as VLAN 2 access port

Anybody can help explain why it is so?

But it is ok if I use output:patch-tun directly instead of NORMAL in table 94. I’m wondering how OVN work around such limitation of NORMAL, anybody knows how I can fix it if I still want to leverage the existing pipeline, thank you all for help in advance.