[ovs-dev] OVS "soft freeze" for 2.16 is in effect.

Ilya Maximets i.maximets at ovn.org
Fri Jul 2 11:17:52 UTC 2021

Hi.  As described in Documentation/internals/release-process.rst, we are
in a "soft freeze" state:

   During the freeze, we ask committers to refrain from applying patches that
   add new features unless those patches were already being publicly discussed
   and reviewed before the freeze began.  Bug fixes are welcome at any time.
   Please propose and discuss exceptions on ovs-dev.

We should branch for version 2.16 in two weeks from now, on Friday, July 16.

Current known exception that will likely be accepted during soft-freeze, but
not prepared/reviewed yet:
  - We're awaiting patches to fix performance issue in VXLAN decap offloading
    implementation in userspace datapath, but this is more a bug fix than a
    new feature.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.