[ovs-dev] [v6 05/11] dpif-netdev: Add configure to enable autovalidator at build time.

Amber, Kumar kumar.amber at intel.com
Wed Jul 7 13:59:15 UTC 2021

Hi Eelco,

Ah great catch :

+#ifdef MFEX_AUTOVALIDATOR_DEFAULT
+ VLOG_INFO("Default miniflow Extract implementation %s",
+ mfex_impls[MFEX_IMPL_AUTOVALIDATOR].name);
+ default_mfex_func = mfex_impls[MFEX_IMPL_AUTOVALIDATOR].extract_func;
+#else

The change above forces you to always use the autovalidator, even if you configure another option. I think this would make it impossible to run potential tests cases with the autovalidator as default.
I think this should probably be protected by ovsthread_once_start(), so it will only be run once at startup time. It might be even better to do this at init time? For example (did not test):

I think this should be protected by the :

if (!default_mfex_func) { }

that way we will only set it at default time

will fix it in v7.

<Snip>

Regards

Amber