[ovs-dev] [OVN[ Backporting the commit e07e397b7a("ovn-controller: Split logical flow and physical flow processing.") to branch-21.06

Numan Siddique numans at ovn.org
Tue Jul 27 02:52:36 UTC 2021

We have a bug in the present branch-21.06.  Unfortunately the commit
e1e78b4b148("binding: Fix the crashes seen when port binding type
changes.")
introduced a regression for the localports.  When an OVS interface for
a localport is created by CMS,  ovn-controller
doesn't update or add the existing openflows in table 38 for multicast
groups if the localport belongs to a multicast group.
This causes the broadcast traffic destined to localport to drop and it
breaks the openstack metadata service.
The issue goes away when the ovn-controller claims subsequent ports
which belong to the same logical switch or
if there is a full recompute.

The commit e07e397b7a which split the logical flows and physical flow
handling fixes this issue.

Is it OK to backport this commit to branch-21.06 ?  Please let me know
if it seems risky to backport.
In which case I'll submit a patch targeting the branch-21.06 to
address this issue.

I prefer the backport because it seems cleaner to me.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
Numan